Wednesday, May 25, 2005

First sweater in the making!

So I took the plunge and started the Glampyre Boobholder-minisweater! It took me a while to figure out how to gauge this thing, since I'm being difficult and using the teeny-tiny yarn. So I tried it with casting on the 50sts, holding three strands together and using size 10 (us)6.0mm needles, but the gauge was off, it was still too small, so I kept the needles and cast on 70 sts, and now it seems to be working. I'm about 17 rows into it, added an extra increase row before starting to increase for the sleeves, so hopefully this will work and I won't have to frog the whole damn thing. I do like how it's coming out though, it's all shiny and kinda lacy because of the larger needles, it will be the perfect spring/summer accessory :) Yay for first sweaters!

No comments: