Thursday, August 16, 2007

Knit1 Tea 2 SWAP!

My two favorite things! Tea and Yarn! yay!
here's my questionnaire

Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire
Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try?
both, but i like loose a lot. I'l like one of those tea flowers, but i know they're expensive and I don't have a glass teapot

What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? I like Oolong, Earl Grey, and green or white teas mostly. I like interesting herb flavored green, black or white as well, but i'm not a huge fan or straight-up herbal tea. or Rooibos, yuck. I also enjoy Chai.

Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).
green, red (oolong)

Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?
TEAPOTS ALL THE WAY

What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself?
I want a tea pot that holds more than one cup. And a Tea Stick (straight tea strainer thing, look it up)

How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc). mmm fooood...
I also like smelly lotion/soap/bubblestuff

If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why?
I would be hand-spun, hand-dyed merino-silk! Smooth and sophisticated, but totally funky and unique!

If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why?
Fair Isle Sweater: I like a challenge, and I like details and colors.

What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?)
Why can't we have tea at our garden/book/yoga party?
Probably a garden party though, I love gardens! Also love yoga though..hmm.. tough choice!

What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?)
COOKIES (I am a cookie-making fiend), and possibly scones. I <3 scones too.

When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute?
I usually sub unless the yarn called for is JUST perfect

What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? An Alice in Wonderland hobo bag

Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting?
anything Miyazaki (Howl's moving Castle, Totoro, Spirited Away..etc)

Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match?
I have a HUGE collection of crazy mugs. They have to be comfortable to hold though.

Favorite childhood birthday party?
I had an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party, party, once, that was great :) Also, going horseback riding for a party was great too

Favorite type of scone and jam? scones: poppyseed or cranberry, jam: marmalade, blackberry

If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? yes..food, spices, flowers

If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead).
Oscar Wilde, Neil Gaiman, the Dalai Llama


You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)?
a crazy church-lady hat, lace gloves, and a fabulous dress and heels

Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to?
like I said, no rooibos. I'm not a fan of berry teas.

Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?
uummm... I like green, reds, browns, oranges... naturally dyed stuff too, natural fibers especially silk and alpaca.. and I SPIN. And I love goldfish. very much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel free to make your own button! And to share it with us if you like!

SissySees said...

Welcome to the swap!