I finally got around to making myself some decent stitch markers. After dealing with pipe-cleaner or scrap yarn ones for over 2 years, it was time to dig out the wire and beads and take 20 mins to twist some up!
Here's what I did:
They fit up to a size US11 needle. I have some ridiculous glass fruit pieces waiting to become markers for my size 13-17 (or 19 even?) needles.
Here's my new markers being evaluated by the cat, Subi:
I believe they passed inspection and were deemed sparkly and distracting enough for general use.
I'm currently working on another Glampyre minisweater!
This one is made with only one small change to the pattern so far (i'm only using one of the puff-sleeve increases/decreases). It is made of "Banana Silk" yarn made from banana leaf cloth. It is shiny and slubby and unfortunately quite heavy. At least it's just a minisweater and not a whole sweater :P I wanted to try some more interesting patterning with this yarn, but nothing shows up in it, hence the basic stockinette shrug. I have some black summer dresses that were just begging for a red silk shrug :)