Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Stitch Markers!

I finally got around to making myself some decent stitch markers. After dealing with pipe-cleaner or scrap yarn ones for over 2 years, it was time to dig out the wire and beads and take 20 mins to twist some up!
Here's what I did:

They fit up to a size US11 needle. I have some ridiculous glass fruit pieces waiting to become markers for my size 13-17 (or 19 even?) needles.
Here's my new markers being evaluated by the cat, Subi:


I believe they passed inspection and were deemed sparkly and distracting enough for general use.

WIP SHOT!
I'm currently working on another Glampyre minisweater!


This one is made with only one small change to the pattern so far (i'm only using one of the puff-sleeve increases/decreases). It is made of "Banana Silk" yarn made from banana leaf cloth. It is shiny and slubby and unfortunately quite heavy. At least it's just a minisweater and not a whole sweater :P I wanted to try some more interesting patterning with this yarn, but nothing shows up in it, hence the basic stockinette shrug. I have some black summer dresses that were just begging for a red silk shrug :)

4 comments:

Jody said...

I love the stitch markers - I need to get my beads out and make some. Maybe we could have a theme sit' n knit - make your own markers!

The sweater looks luscious so far - I can't wait to see it done. Happy knitting!

-Jody

DAWN said...

Love that red yarn!! gorgeous. Your kitty seems to really appreciate those stitch markers as much as you will {if you can get them back;)}

Lindsay said...

Your stitch markers are purty. I keep meaning to make some out of those goldfish beads I found but still haven't gotten around to it. Surprise, surprise. Maybe it's due to severe attentional problems, but I always enjoy projects a bit more when there's the added element of pretty stitch markers.

MsFortuknit said...

thats beautiful