Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Stuff

Blogging has not been my strong suit lately! Looks like I have not made a post in over a month. Sorry!

At the end of January J and I were able to go back to Baltimore for a week, and my friend threw me a baby shower! It was totally an unexpected gesture, and I loved getting to spend some time with a large group of my friends all at once, and received lovely, thoughtful, presents! Here's a link to the whole Flickr set, and some highlights below:
The loot! I was blown away! A handmade quilt, hand-designed onesies, thoughtfully chosen clothes and books and toys; everything was perfect!
babygifts



The food was fantastic; my friend made two kinds of mini quiche, poached pears and mimosas, along with cake pops, veggies, bagels, etc! And other friends brought cupcakes and baked brie.
IMG_0209
IMG_0208

As a party activity all the girls hand-painted onesies and signed them for me!
IMG_0228
Onesies 2

The trip was really great, but surprisingly exhausting. It will probably be a long time before we get back to MD, so I'm glad we got to see nearly everyone we wanted, at least briefly, and go to the places we missed the most. The only bad part was that J and I were both sick for the trip home! He only minorly so, but I was nauseated and miserable for most of the way back.

The pace of the pregnancy has certainly picked up! I have appointments every two weeks now, and am starting to put on weight and can only wear one pair of my pants. I have enough dresses to get me through though, I think. You can see the baby's movements through my clothes now, and I'm starting to be uncomfortable walking or standing for long periods due to ligament pain. Overall though it's been a lot easier than I expected! The hardest part is still to come though :P

Here you can see I've gained about 15 lbs.
IMG_0242

Subi is all over me at every opportunity these days:
Subi and the bump

We've also started to acquire all the "baby stuff" we'll need. So far we have the Pack N Play we'll be using as a bed, a used swing, a carseat/stroller travel system, an assortment of cloth diapers, lots of clothes, and I'll be getting a Bumbo seat and a Boppy pillow from a friend this week. I think we're off to a good start!

No comments: