Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Cookies, and a bump shot!

Chocolate-Peanut Butter No-Bakes

I shared these at my knitting group this week and they were a big hit! One woman said they were the best No-Bakes she'd ever had! Most recipes are pretty similar to mine, but the key is the cooking time, you really have to pay attention! These cookies are really more of a candy, as they have no flour. They are also gluten-free, but make sure your recipient can eat Oats.



Chocolate-Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar
3 TBSP cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 margarine or butter
a pinch of salt
3 cups of Quick Cook oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

-In a saucepan, bring sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and salt to a ROLLING BOIL.
-BOIL ONE MINUTE. Use a timer for this!
-Turn off the heat. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth, followed by the vanilla and the oats.
-Using a tablespoon, drop onto waxed paper-covered sheets or cooling racks and allow to set at least 4 hours. Do not chill. Store at room temperature in a sealed container. Try to avoid eating the entire batch yourself!

As I promised, here is a bump shot from the other day: 21.5 weeks and finally showing! I'm carrying very high so most of my clothes still fit, which is nice. Button-down shirts and dresses are a bit tight though.
21.5 weeks

And here's a pretty picture I took at dawn the other day, out my kitchen window:
IMG_0155

So I'm very excited that I get to go back to Maryland for a week at the end of January! J has a training and is flying me out so we can spend a week with friends at the end of it before the baby comes, as it might be a while before we get to see them again. The friend we are staying with is throwing me a baby shower! This is very unexpected and I am very excited and grateful, even if it is a little early. I still feel a little weird about starting to acquire baby stuff, but I know the last few months are going to fly by!

No comments: