I like to knit outside on the patio. Maryland summers are not conducive to this at all, and so in May or so I put down the Rogue sweater I've been working on in favor of smaller less-wooly projects that are easier to knit in heat (like the socks). The heat broke for a few days a week or two ago, and I picked up the sweater again, and have been working on the last part, the hood, off and on since in the cool AC of my apartment.
This is what happens when you try to knit cables while watching tv:
I THOUGHT it looked wrong, but I thought I had read the chart right, so I went online to look for errata, and to see other people's finished hoods, and realized that things had gone horribly wrong about 15 rows back. *PALM TO FOREHEAD*
On both sides of the hood, of course.
So, because I didn't feel like ripping back the entire rows I did THIS, on both sides.
Unfortunately for me, the twist was part of a travelling cable, so a 5 stitch miss-twist resulted in me ripping out more like 17 stitches and 15 rows worth of cabling.
I used safety pins to hold the stitches that were ok, and used DPNS to do the surgery. It actually went faster than I'd expected!
Success! ooooohhh Pretty :) So now we're back on track, and I hope to be finished with the thing by the end of August!