Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sienna Swirl and Navajo Plying

So my second Swirl Neckwarmer, "Sienna Swirl" is done, except for the buttons and weaving in ends. I don't have the buttons yet though, so it's a good thing I don't plan on giving it away any time soon ;)
It's hard to get a good picture of dark browns at night inside!

siennaswirl

Modifications:
This scarflet came out a little smaller than the alpaca one, and I needed to adjust the scallops accordingly. There are only about 2 single crochet stitches between each button loop, and only 8 double crochet in each scallop. Maybe I used a smaller hook last time? I don't know.

I've also been procrastinating on finishing some Alpaca I have been spinning for a hat for J, because I am not yet completely comfortable with Navajo Plying on my Lendrum DT. I can do it fine on a spindle, but the wheel is another entirely different ball of yarn ;) So, while I had a few days off recuperating from getting my wisdom teeth out, I spun up some singles from a random batt I had lying around, got some tips from the Ravely girls and practiced! While on heavy painkillers! Much better than my 1st attempt, still not perfect, but I have 2 more oz of that same wool and 4 more of something similar. Good thing it is no longer hat season, so I'm not in a rush!
hyacinthyarn 007

No comments: