Saturday, March 01, 2008

Diagonal Scarf


puffyscarf2, originally uploaded by RedQueen715.

Oh Noes! I ran out RIGHT at the end! This was frustrating, however, the scarf was only about 4.5' long, and quite wide, so I decided it wouldn't be such a big deal to frog it and start over, especialy since the whole thing only took a few hours.
I made the 2nd scarf with smaller triangles (17 stitches), and this made it narrower and longer.

It's done in 2 balls of Karabella Puffy, which is a gorgeous almost-boucle super-bulky merino. I used a size 13 needle. It LOVES to be garter stich, but that's boring, so I compromised and did a garter stitch Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf . This pattern is so fast and fun! More details about the construction over on Ravelry. I really want to buy a few balls in Mustard and make one for myself! The finished scarf is about 5.5 feet long, and 6 inches wide. I'm not sure how to block it, because I think soaking it might "deflate" the fluffy merino. I'll probably steam it, but on something this thick I can't image that that would have any effect on it. Suggestions appreciated!



DiagonalScarf

No comments: