Saturday, January 05, 2008

Xmas Loot! And Hats!

december 210
An adorable Alpaca finger puppet! I got a grey one around here too somewhere...must be buried in my stocking.

I got 5 colors of Alpaca top my Mom got from a farm near my hometown! How wonderful is that?! J has already decided that he NEEDS an earflap hat from the back Alpaca. He also picked out the chunky orange Malabrigo below for stripes.
december 213

Also, spinning books!
december 214

hehe I'm so easy to buy for.

So, remember that pink/lavender chunky handspun I made from the NC wool my mom got me? Well, I turned it into and earflap hat for my sis for giftmas! Here's J modelling the hat. info on Ravelry, I'm RedThread:
joekthat2

And here's another version of the same hat, that I made for a coworker who is moving to Chicago. It's Noro Kureyon and Cascade 220 held together. This is the Knitty Gritty Camo Earflap Hat Pattern, if you were wondering.
earflap hat

Find me on Ravelry! I'm RedThread

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I really like the way the Kureyon looks hed with the 220. I made some house socks for my sister once holding it with some EL Silk Tweed, but kind of forgot how nice it looks until I saw that sweater in Son of Stitch n' Bitch. I'm going to have to give that Knity Gritty pattern a go. It's been in my list of things to do forever.

Jennifer said...

That alpaca puppet is the cutest thing ever!! I'll look you up on Ravelry (I'm divamaglia).