Saturday, December 08, 2012

Andrea's Citrus Cream Cheese Cookies

 (Photo is from the blog linked at the bottom.)

 I went to a Cookie Exchange on Friday and brought my Mint Chocolate Crackle cookies, which were a big hit, and I discovered my friend Andreas amazing Citrus Cream Cheese Cookies that I can share with you now! They are a soft, dense, and buttery cookie with a nice citrus zing!

Cream Cheese Cookies

1 cup butter
1 sm pkg of Cream Cheese (3oz)
1 cup sugar

1 egg yolk
2.5 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and cream cheese . Slowly add sugar beat until fluffy
Beat in egg yolk, add flour and vanilla. Mix Well. Chill dough
For at least 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 mins.

Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons of butter
1 grated lemon rind

Cream butter and add sugar slowly add lemon juice and rind.
Spread on warm cookies

Sometime my Aunt would put a cherry on top of the cookies.

 For the ones I made, I used 4 oz cream cheese. However, I really thought they were too soft. If you go the 4 oz route, I would add more flour. Also, for the frosting, I substituted orange juice/zest for lemon. Normally, when I substitute the orange I drizzle chocolate on top or dip half in chocolate - but I ran out of time! 

This recipe is slightly different, and I'd like to try it sometime, too.


1 comment:

ALT58 said...

Hi, loving your blog. I am knitting your swirl neck warmer in brioche pattern and would be grateful if you could tell me how long you knitted your? many thanks

Annie (uk)