Monday, May 10, 2010

May better shape up...

may 008

I got spoiled on those two beautiful weeks we had in April! It's been back to 50's and raining most days lately, or at least cloudy. It's totally put a damper on my motivation to get outside and run. In fact, I haven't run in a week! I totally suck at this. I'll have to start over with Week Two of the Couch to 5k program, even though I've already run it 4 times. I'm dreading making the leap from running from 90 seconds at a time to 3 minutes at a time. GOD I AM PATHETIC! I can do an hour and a half of Power Yoga, but I can't run a mile? ugh. Not looking forward to bikini season this year either!

I do feel a little accomplished though because despite not having a deck or even a balcony here, I managed to get a little gardening in! Our front windowsill is more than big enough for a good sized window box, and I filled mine with the traditional Geraniums and Lobelia. I'm hoping to spruce up the area around our building sometime this summer as well. There are a few stragly rose bushes, but the area needs a lot of work and some more plants.

J is going on a business trip for most of the rest of the month, provided the Iceland volcano doesn't get in the way. I have a small stockpile of stuff to keep me occupied:
-The last two Sookie Books on audiobook, Dead and Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) and I just got the new one, Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 10), whoo hoo!

-Books 4, 5, 6 and 7 of The Black Dagger Brotherhood (So far #3 is my favorite, read it twice!)

-And I plan to catch up on Doctor Who, starting with Season 3, and try to get my hands on Torchwood

I'm still working on my Laminaria shawl, and plan to cast on a pair of toe-up Hederas with my new Wollmeise. Between all that, subbing, knitting group, and hopefully a night out dancing and a trip to Munich, the weeks should fly by, right? Arrgh.. I hate that he has to leave, but it could be a lot worse! Most everyone else here loses their husbands for 6 months to a year at a time!
may 012

No comments: