Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Stash

Tried to post this Friday, but Blogger was being Buggy.


I came to Japan with only two suitcases, and very little room for yarn. All I brought was the skein of LionBrand Homespun that I was making into a scarf for my sister, intending to knit on the plane. The scarf did not get finished until January or February, and I didn't buy new yarn till I found a local yarn store having a big spring sale in March.
I bought:
3 balls Filatura di Crosa Mushino
2 balls Filatura di Crosa Dali
4 balls Filatura di Crosa Sympatico (various colors)
2 hanks Noro Kochoran
4 balls Greeting 100% wool

It's not all pictured there...
The Noro became a hat and a pair of mittens (my first mittens ever!) 50% wool, 20% silk, 30% angora

The Japanese wool became Boyfriend Beanies (one for the bf, one for another friend) both pictured on me. The black has 5 rows of k2p2 ribbing at the bottom, but you can't see it.


I'm still brainstorming about what I want to do with the Sympatico, it's lovely stuff, maybe some more mittens . The Mushio and the Dali are becoming a verticaly striped scarf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there RedThread. I was searching on the search engines for purse and handbag related websites using the keyword purse sak and found your awesome page with the title The Stash. I am looking for ideas on how to improve my own site using different keywords and was amazed how easy it was to find your site using the keyword purse sak. Could we do a link exchange at some point? Anyway, thanks and I’m glad I found you on the web.